Here’s one of the yummy recipes that has been popular with Challengers…thanks for sharing Maggie!
Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
(serves 2 as a meal)
- 1 large bell pepper diced (or half red half green)
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 15 ounces broth (I used veggie broth with Better than Bouillon)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- Choice of meat (I used textured vegetable protein)
- 1/2 tsp basil; 1/4 tsp oregano, salt & pepper to taste
- Optional- cheese 1
- Bag of Riced cauliflower (I use the Birdseye steamables) * you can sub the cauliflower for rice if you want, but to keep carbs low cauliflower works really nicely. I also add a little ghost pepper to make it spicy*
- Throw all the ingredients except cheese and cauliflower in a crockpot and cook!
- Steam cauliflower and serve over cauliflower rice and top with cheese if you’re using cheese.
Nutrition Facts (using vegan variety above) Calories: 376Carbs: 34gFiber: 14 Net Carbs: 20gFat: 13gProtein: 30g*1500mg of potassium*