The Tim Ferris Show
This post delves into the good, the bad, and the ugly of all things CrossFit. It answers many important questions, including:
– What are the 3 most dangerous exercises in CrossFit gyms?
– What are the most common nutritional mistakes of CrossFit athletes?
– What do elite CrossFit athletes do differently than the rest? Example: How do Rich Froning and Jason Khalipa warm up?
– Is the CrossFit Games really CrossFit?
– Is CrossFit a fad?
– What is the future of CrossFit?
The man to answer all this (and much more) is Kelly Starrett. He’s trained CrossFit athletes for more than 130,000 hours (!) and 10 years at San Francisco CrossFit, which opened in 2005 as one of the first 50 CrossFit Affiliates in the world. There are now more than 10,000 Affiliates worldwide.
Kelly’s clients include Olympic gold medalists, Tour de France cyclists, world record holders in Olympic lifting and powerlifting, Crossfit Games medalists, professional ballet dancers, and elite military personnel.
Even if you have zero interest in CrossFit, this conversation invites you inside the mind of one of the world’s top coaches. Kelly discusses habits, strategies, and thinking that can be applied to nearly everything.
As a bonus, I’ve also included our first conversation below, which includes disgusting amounts of alcohol, my personal doctor, and our tactics for becoming the guy from Limitless.