October CrossFit & Endurance Programming
During the month of October we are going to spend 3-weeks developing the primary movers for the pull-up. In particular, the musculature of the biceps, lats, and rhomboids. This work will culminate with some strict pull-up testing (week 4.) Athletes should also see improvements in their gymnastics movements from this work eg. T2B, Kipping/Butterfly pull-ups, Ring/Bar Muscle-ups as this work generally improves as strength of these muscle group goes up. Most importantly, you will be more capable/safer to endure higher-volumes of gymnastics work.
A few additional things to consider this month:
– There will be two opportunities to train weaknesses in a semi-fatigued state as we are performing a “GOAT WOD EMOM” twice this month (at the beginning and end of the month.)
– Athletes will have more time to be coached. There has been additional time added to the lesson plans for you to have additional one-on-one coaching and more time to prepare for strength & conditioning work.
– The blend of strength, conditioning, and accessory work is comparable to past months.
– 9+ Conditioning Testing pieces (many coming from July) and 9 Strength tests (this does not include the pull-up strength work).
– 11, “Rx+” options this month
MAX EFFORT VARIATIONS
- OVERHEAD SQUAT HEAVY 3 (LAST TESTED 1/29)
- HANG POWER SNATCH CLEAN COMPLEX (LAST TESTED 7/23)
- PULL-UP TRAINING X 3 WEEKS
- PUSH PRESS 2RM (TRY TO MATCH 1RM DONE ON 8/24)
- BANDED DEADLIFT (LAST TESTED ON 4/2)
- CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS
- BACK SQUAT CLUSTERS
- PUSH JERK 1 1/4
- FRONT SQUAT 3RM (LAST TESTED 2/26)
DYNAMIC EFFORT VARIATIONS
- FRONT BOX SQUAT (WEEK 2, 3)
- BANDED CONVENTIONAL DEADLIFT (3 WEEKS)
- JACKIE (LAST TESTED ON OLD PLATFORM)
- SOUTHIE (LAST TESTED 7/16)
- THE COOPER TEST
- ROUNDABOUT (LAST TESTED 7/20)
- ADRENALINE (LAST TESTED 7/23)
- ABS OF STEEL (LAST TESTED 7/19)
- SIMPLE MAN (LAST TESTED 8/6)
- BATWINGS (LAST TESTED 7/30)